Facts about sustainability (Part 2)
DID YOU KNOW!!
- The Amazon rainforest produces 205 of the total oxygen in the world, the rainforest is home to 16,000 different species of trees and has an estimated 400 billion trees. Due to the increasing rate of deforestation wildfire rates have increased about 84% in just one year.
- The fashion industry is responsible for 8% of the total carbon emissions
- Cycling 10 kilometres can save up to ₹1,26,769 in transport costs and 1500 kilograms of greenhouse emissions each year.
- Out of the 2000 chemicals used in Textile processing, only 16 are approved by the Environment protection agency
- Air drying clothes just 6 months a year would prevent 700 pounds of CO2 emissions.
Source and References: